Does BNIC offer Website Hosting???
No…We can’t compete!
The fact is we can’t compete with the services already offered by firms that specialize in website hosting. What we can help you with is to identify the pros and cons of providers we have researched so you can make an informed decision yourself. You get to keep control over a very serious component of your website.
Initially we looked at a dozen or so of the most popular shared hosting companies and only found small differences in quality and services between them. The results of our research seemed to vary depending upon the day; the time of the day, or (in the case of support) the expertise of the individual who looked after our support problem.
Tests were run with real accounts on 12 of the most popular web hosts in the industry: Bluehost, HostGator, iPage, FatCow, Just Host, A Small Orange, InMotion, WebHostingHub, Arvixe, GoDaddy, GreenGeeks, A2Hosting and SiteGround.
Sites were tested for upload speed, quality and timeliness of support and cutting edge security.
So… what did our research show?
We came across one company that is head and shoulders better than all the rest. That company is SiteGround.
In a nutshell:
Websites consistently loaded faster.
Were able to handle more traffic.
Were more secure.
Had measurably better support.
As a result of our research… this is the company we use for our own website hosting, and where we recommend our clients have their websites hosted… FOR LESS THAN $4.50* PER MONTH!
(*based on $3.95 USD per month … this is SiteGround’s promotional price that can be had for up to 3 years, if paid in advance… the regular price is $9.95 USD per month.)
If you’re interested in the “nitty gritty” of the testing click on the tabs below.
Siteground loads websites faster!
- Industry average loading time: 4,7 sec
- Our loading time without cache: 1,7 sec
- Our loading time with cache: 1,3 sec
We have used Pingdom to test the loading time of identical WordPress websites hosted on the 12 different hosting companies. The faster loading result for SiteGround was achieved with the SuperCacher switched on for the website.
We can handle more traffic!
- Industry average hits handled: 2852
- Without cache we handle 3 times more: 8276
- With cache we can handle: over 230 000
Apart from loading speed, we have tested how many hits can be successfully handled in two minutes by each of the 12 accounts with the same test WordPress website. The test was done with the help of the Siege testing and benchmark utility. The higher number of handled hits by SiteGround was achieved with the SuperCacher switched on for the website… THIS IS WHAT WE CALL “INSANE SPEED!”
Siteground keeps your site safe!
We tested a WordPress and Joomla related vulnerabilities announce publicly more than a 1 month before the test. On all 12 tested hosts both vulnerability were still exploitable with no problem. At SiteGround both were patched on server level at SiteGround in up to 48 hours after their public announcement: WPTouch vulnerability patch and Virtuemart Vulnerability patch.
- WordPress vulnerability: not patched by anyone
- Joomla vulnerability: not patched by anyone
- Both vulnerabilities: patched by SiteGround only
|SiteGround||All 12 Others|
You are protected from your neighbors
- SiteGround was the first to apply isolation
- 3 of the tested hosts still not isolated
- 5 of the tested hosts could be better isolated
SiteGround were the pioneers in applying effective account isolation mechanisms to the shared hosting environment. Nowadays, most of the shared hosts apply similar techniques but it is still possible to see an environment that is not properly isolated.
The Industry’s best support!
Siteground picks up immediately!
- 4 companies had over 10 minutes wait time.
- Only 2 other companies picked up immediately.
- 90% of the hosts do not have non-US phone line.
When you call on the phone you usually have a pressing issue. Having your call picked up immediately is really important. Unfortunately this does not happened everywhere.
Siteground solve the issue in 5 minutes!
- 2 of the tested companies have no chat support!
- Avg. wait time on chat before pick up: 10 min.
- Avg resolution: 21 min.
- Only 4 hosts solved the issue in under 10 minutes
We contacted the LiveChat of the 12 tested companies and SiteGround with one and the same simple request and recorded how much time was need for the issue resolution including the wait time before the chat was picked up.
Siteground’s first reply is in 8 minutes!
- Average Industry first reply near 8 hours.
- Only 2 companies are below 1 hour.
- No other company is below 10 minutes!
Siteground resolves more issues faster!
- Only SiteGround and 4 other companies resolved all the three issues.
- Average industry resolution time: 11 hours.
- SiteGround average resolution time: 31 minutes.
|Host 1||55 min|
|Host 2||6h 20min|
|Host 3||10h 45min|
|Host 4||24h 90min|
|Host 5||3h 30min|
|Host 6||6h 30min|
|Host 7||9h 10min|
|Host 8||18h 30min|
We asked each company 3 questions over their ticketing systems: one general, one WordPress related and one Joomla related. We averaged the first response time and the resolution times for each company base on these three questions.